ALUMNI

SO NOW WHAT?


That is what I assume most graduates from my intake were thinking. Those final intense weeks of work submissions, to a sudden strange place of stillness. We handed in all of our work and had presented our artefacts in February 2021. So, what is next?

* It has been a while since I have written on my blog, and as it brings me comfort, I figured I would ramble on with my internal thoughts on here. 


The previous student leaders, we created a new Facebook group page just for BA PP alumni students of Middlesex University. This is so we can continue to connect, as friends but also as practitioners. Whether we are just checking in on each other, have a new project coming up that requires collaboration from other artists, this is what the platform is for. I have also had several Skype/Zoom sessions with my previous university supervisors, to brainstorm over how the course can better its alumni journey and transition. To 'accomplish' this is challenging, as it is a distance learning course... so I have not even met a single student, who I would call a friend. 

I am not certain whether there will be any sort of graduation ceremony. It will be a great shame if we cannot celebrate in style. Wear the hat, throw it in the air and finally meet my university friends. However, I hope we can celebrate together from afar of what we have achieved, and what we aspire to do in the future - as more reflective practitioners. 

Adesola and Helen, the leaders of the BA PP course, have their own inter-disciplinary company called:


DancingStrongMovementLab


Currently, they offer donation-based classes that anyone can join in with. Keep an eye on their social media accounts and their website for more details. This company is a great way for the alumni to keep in touch too. 




If you are an alumni student, or have some new ideas, please do comment on this post!

Comments

Popular Posts