Covid Book Reading

Reading is a part of life that people seem to enjoy for pleasure or dwell on for work. As education systems continue to modernise, I am sure more and more texts will move online. To the digital world. Call me old-fashioned (born in 1999), but I believe there is nothing better than reading from a physical book. Ingesting novels from real pages, acknowledging written facts and descriptions from turning the pages with your hands. Adesola actually recommended one of the books I have on the go. You may think that reading three books on the go is excessive, but Cotton's Happy and Kolk's work both are easy to dip in and out of. I am Pilgrim, however, is a very heavy novel with so much information. It is about 1000 pages, but an absolute thriller that my whole family has enjoyed, so I thought I would give it a good go. 

Read: 


Know my Name by Chanel Miller
A true story about a rape victim in USA - sad, educational, psychological 

Girl, Woman, Other by Bernadine Evaristo
Fictional novel about different women, predominately black, where all of their stories come together - BLM movement suggestion, witty, insightful 

The Rabbi's Daughter by Reva Mann
A story based on true events of a Jewish woman raised in London who struggles with her relationship with religion, sex and her path to happiness

Boy and Going Solo by Roald Dahl
Dahl's auto-biography suitable for all ages - shocking, hilarious, charming 


Currently reading:


  • Happy by Fearne Cotton

  • I am Pilgrim by Terry Hayes 

  • The Body Keeps the Score by Bessel Van Der Kolk 

If you have any amazing books this lockdown/pandemic/quarantine, please do share,  comment and spread the love of reading! 

Comments

Popular Posts