Lockdown Entertainment

Hello all. It has been just over 9 weeks my UK ballet tour with Vienna Festival Ballet was cancelled. I cannot believe it was that long ago, and I sadly cannot imagine even performing Swan Lake nor The Sleeping Beauty at this point in time. That is not because I do not feel motivated, in fact, I have been highly proactive during the lockdown, but I suppose it is because I simply I have not felt the feeling of performing, adrenaline, purely happy endorphins in what feels like a lifetime. Of course, I can reminisce in what that feels like, but I just want to live through it again. I know, well hope, that I will get back on my dancing feet and get back to doing what I love most. I am sure I am not the only artist who is having pretty huge doubts, whose emotions downpour whenever they talk about the future of their professional life. After watching so much news, I just said "I will be a doctor then, forget dancing!". As if! "Or maybe a physiotherapist" "or start studying for a psychology masters later on"... But I must remember that my practice IS worth it. The arts may not be viewed as an economic necessity, compared to primary school education and bloody football, but it still matters to me and so many other artists around the world.

I am so proud to be apart of the arts community, seeing artists from all sectors come together to create art that is accessible online for us to connect with. I am honoured to be a dancer during the lockdown, as it has increased my self-drive and allowed me to see just how beautiful the arts industry is, as we continue to empower each other through this difficult time.

THE WORLD WITHOUT THE ARTS IS A FAR, FAR SADDER PLACE. 

So, let me get to the point of this post. Lockdown entertainment. Below is a list of things that have kept me occupied. Since my module 2 submission date, all I have had to do is keep fit from home, so this is what I have watched/listened to lately. I hope you enjoy my selection:


Podcasts:

Desert Island Discs - Daniel Radcliffe, Ed Sheeran.

Rhiannon Lambert - The diet for a healthy planet. 

Fearne Cotton - Happy Place with Russell Brand: in isolation, Ludovico Einaudi, George Ezra, Elizabeth Day, Jada Pinkett-Smith, Paloma Faith, Stephen Fry, Gok Wan, Melanie C, Zoe Sugg, Henry Fraser... basically all of them.

Elizabeth Day - How to Fail with Emeli Sande.

Alice Liveing - Give me Strength with Jessica Ennis-Hill.


Youtube: 

Joe Wicks - 9am P.E for kids and family on his Youtube channel 'The Body Coach'
MoreYoga - yoga and meditation sessions for free on their channel. 


Netflix and TV: 

Netflix - Restless Creature, Unorthodox, Tiger King, Blackfish, Occupied, Black Mirror.
Any of Stacy Dooley's documentaries on BBC iPlayer.
Normal People on BBC iPlayer.
Twin - a Scandinavian drama on TV somewhere.


Workouts on Instagram:

- Check out my friend Imogen-Lily Ash ( @immieash ) for her ZOOM timetable of HIIT workouts, dance classes and yoga sessions. I do the HIIT workouts and boy are they a killer.
- Another friend Tyler Carey ( @ty_fitness_) is a personal trainer based in Norfolk. He does free HIIT workouts on his Instagram Live video every day at 12 00 GMT.
- Alice Liveing is a personal trainer, author and influencer who also posts videos to follow on her profile @aliceliveing.

Duolingo is also a good shout to learn a new language! I have also rekindled my love for my violin which has been a true sanctuary for me over these long weeks. Comment any more suggestions or thoughts. Much love x 



Comments

Popular Posts