Initial Skype Session Reflection

I attended my first Skype session with Adesola Akinleye on Saturday 14th September at 15 00. I have decided to share my thoughts on my blog for future students of this course to read and absorb and hopefully it may well even answer some of their internal questions.

In all honesty, I was embarrassingly late for the call as I finished my dance rehearsals at 14 00 and it was about an hour's commute home. Thankfully, I only missed the first 10 minutes and was able to understand what had previously been discussed. Adesola's laptop screen was visible for us all, and she talked us through the Uni Hub. This is the student's portal page. You can log in with the details the university sends to you via email and there is all the information. The button to click on to enrol, your academic calendar, forms and templates, your programme handbook, your module handbook, course details, biographies of your programme leaders, subject librarian access, ebooks, other people's blogs addresses, office contact and opening hours, reading lists...

Within the 12 week period of Module 1 you need to complete a blog, although I am assuming it can be an ongoing project for as long as you wish, and an essay based on establishing your own professional practice. 

We were open to ask any questions, and she told us of deadlines for Module 1 and that the Module 3 students' presentations are on Hendon campus on 6/7th January 2020. On the Skype session were students who were on their 2nd or 3rd module, to support us 'newbies'. The suggestions that kept being stated were to read each other's blogs, read and re-read the module and programme handbooks. Use the information that is given to us: blog posts, TED talk videos, highly recommended books.

Upon reflection, I feel that this degree is what YOU make out of it. I believe it is a course that opens the doors to self-discovery, testing your communication skills across your respective academic and working community. Whether it is a discussion with your mum about your practice, you read a great article in the Dancing Times, or you watched a video about child psychology, it can all be applied to your work. Having an open mind and making your own interpretations with the given and researched information. BAPP community, I am looking forward to the following 12 weeks.

Comments

Popular Posts